ABIS Supermarket Doomadgee
Summary: The Store Manager is to provide effective and efficient management of the day to day operations of a CEQ retail store, ensuring financial viability of the store, adequate staffing levels, effective merchandising, compliance with all legislative and company policies and procedures and adherence to operational budgets under the guidance of the Regional Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise the financial operations of CEQ store and fuel outlet if applicable in the Torres Strait, including sales figures, end of day register and safe reconciliation, stock control, shrinkages, data entry, write offs, mark downs, refunds, shelf ticketing, cash transfers and overrides as per CEQ policies and procedures
- Lead and manage staff in the CEQ store in accordance with contemporary human resource principles including mentoring assistant store managers in store presentation and merchandising principles, performance management, WH&S, policy and procedure and industrial instruments
- Ensure high level of customer service is maintained
- Manage wages within budget
- Develop and implement staff rosters
- Monitor store merchandising and store specials effectiveness in conjunction with Regional Manager and Procurement Department
- Manage the CEQ stores and equipment in accordance with the Australian New Zealand Food Safety Standards Code
- Monitor store presentation in conjunction with the Regional Manager
- Manage the stocktake within time frames and in accordance with CEQ Policy and Procedure
- Assist with quarterly written assessment of each stores operations with Regional Manager
- Monitor WH&S to ensure staff safety and a safe workplace
- Other duties as directed by the Regional Manager.
This position is responsible for the supervision of the Assistant Store Manager and Shop Assistants.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Cost Consciousness – Conserves organisational resources
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments
- Organisational Support – Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritises and plans work activities
- Dependability – Keeps commitments
- Previous experience in a retail environment at a Store Manager or senior supervisory level preferably in remote and isolated locations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work in a cross-cultural environment
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a resource limited environment.
- Work constructively in a team environment
Key Performance Indicators
- Financial operations of CEQ stores (including wages, end of day reconciliation, rostering, sales, stock, data entry, write offs, mark downs, refunds and overrides) is in accordance with the CEQ Operations Manual and policy and procedure
- Six monthly performance reviews on respective staff
- CEQ stores and fuel outlets are maintained in accordance with WH&S legislation
- Stocktakes in CEQ stores are performed within timeframes and CEQ requirements
- Maintain all stores in accordance with the Australian New Zealand Food Safety Standards Code and fuel outlets equipment in accordance with manufacturers specifications
- Supply meets demand in merchandising
- Store presentation is in accordance with CEQ Food Safety Program and associated regulations
- Tasks are completed within agreed timeframes
- Human resource issues addressed at local level
- Certificate iii or iv in Retail Management
- Workplace Health and Safety Officer Certificate.
To apply for this position please email email@example.com.
Indigenous people are encouraged to apply.